+ -

Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2007

To the Millions of Readers of This Humble Blog


The prophet- may the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him- said that the deeds that are the most pleasing to Allah are those that are the most consistent, even if few.

One of the millions of readers of this humble blog was kind enough to leave a comment encouraging me to write more often saying that even if no comments are left that doesn't mean that no one reads the blog. I managed to slip in a few entries as a result of the encouragement.

It's true I should write more often, but the fact of the matter is very few people stumble upon this humble, and I mean humble, blog and read it. I took the courtesy of adding a site counter to this blog, which I later dropped because it was embarrassing, not to mention down right depressing. Very few had the honor of reading this humble, and I say again humble, blog. In fact, every time I visited my own blog, the counter increased by one. In other words, I was the only person in the entire world fortunate enough to visit my blog. I thought of committing suicide, but back off at the last minute.

So, why do I continue to write? First, it's a place to archive ideas. I've written stuff in this blog that I've since forgotten. When I happen to pass by them again, I say, "When the heck did I write that."

Second, I always hope that someone, somewhere might stumble upon it and benefit from it someway or other.

Third, it improves my writing in some odd way.

I write this blog for you, the multitudes upon multitudes of eager fans, so get the heck to work and start reading!

5 Khalid's Blog: To the Millions of Readers of This Humble Blog The prophet- may the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him- said that the deeds that are the most pleasing to Allah are those that are the...

1 comment:

Manutdfanatic said...

I love the Hadith at the beginning; I suppose it has to be one of the reasons you SHOULD continue blogging.

You shouldn't attribute the absence of readers to whether your blog is interesting enough or not. Trust me, I've seen countless trashy blogs that receive close to 40 comments per post. It's downright sad but it's a fact that cannot be ignored: blogs, or anything of substance for that matter, tend to be trampled by their "flashier" counterparts. I'm sure you'd agree.

Having been in a similar situation earlier, I relate to you. Apart from the reason mentioned above, the fact that blogs only get readers once the blogger goes around commenting on other blogs a bit, seems relevant in your case. People probably don't even know about the existence of this blog since you haven't "advertised" it yet. Sad, yet true.

Keep trying, and if you still do not succeed...let it be known to you that you have one happy reader who's learning an awful lot from your experiences out there somewhere. :)

< >