+ -

Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Allah Knows Best

My brother got a slip of paper today.

It read, "We regret to inform you that ..."

"Damn!" my brother said.

Well, there went NASA.

Just kidding.

The job wasn't NASA. It was in a local big company.

We were all hoping he'd get the job. It was almost certain.

We really felt sorry for him.

I felt his disappointment; but, it impressed me that he took it like a man; a man with faith.

"Alhamdu Lillah," is what we both said.

Before the he got the news, he prayed for guidance and that the almighty would choose what is best for him. It is my feeling that He did.

The Almighty says in the Holy Quran, "It is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."
5 Khalid's Blog: Allah Knows Best My brother got a slip of paper today. It read, "We regret to inform you that ..." "Damn!" my brother said. Well, there w...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

"Alhamdullilah" is probably one of my most used phrases. I'm sure I drive everyone crazy with it all the time - and for a while I tried to stop myself from saying it. But then someone emailed me an article about how wonderful the phrase 'Alhumdullilah' is and how much blessings you get when you say it. Now I say it as often as I can.

When I see the person I'm speaking with roll their eyes - I smile inside :)

< >