+ -

Pages

Friday, April 01, 2011

Giving Away Ownership


I have a few slips taped on my monitor that help me remember principles that I think are important. One of them says "THE ROLE OF THE LEADER IS TO MAKE OTHERS SUCCESSFUL". I don't know were I got that from, but it is an important insight.



I've noticed that once a leader makes it his job to make his employees successful (praising, appraising, publicizing, etc.) the leader's oversight is required to a much lesser degree because the employee becomes a "partner" and feels a sense of ownership to the project or task. It becomes his and he defines his success with its success. 

The hard part is that the leader Really has to give away his "shares" of the project to a new "partner". He will no longer be alone in the spotlight. The success will be be attributed to others with him.

More and more I've  come to see that much of leadership depends on character strengths or faults. Much of leadership breakdown could be lack of character disguised to hide our greed and pursuit of our own self interest.
5 Khalid's Blog: Giving Away Ownership I have a few slips taped on my monitor that help me remember principles that I think are important. One of them says "THE ROLE OF ...

No comments:

< >