+ -

Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

And

Thinking in terms of the AND not the OR opens up many avenues for growth and inclusion. We tend to think of the Or and neglect the power of the And both on an intellectual level and on a physical level:
  • "Either I'm right Or you are" vs. "I am right And you are right. We just need to put both our sketches together to reveal the whole picture". In fact, there is nothing wrong with: "I am wrong And you are wrong"!
  • "Either I'm right Or wrong" vs. "I can be right in one respect And wrong in an other"
  • "I am either brave/smart or a coward/stupid" vs. "I am strong in one area And weak in another"
  • "Our product can be of superior quality, or it can be cheap" vs. "We can be like Apple which was able to bring the price of the iPhone to an accessible point for many and deliver superior qulity"
  • "Either I win Or he does" vs. "I can win And he can win, too".
The list can go on, but I'll leave that to you.

The original idea was ignited by reading Built to Last.
5 Khalid's Blog: And Thinking in terms of the AND not the OR opens up many avenues for growth and inclusion. We tend to think of the Or and neglect the power of ...

No comments:

< >